Toddler Recipe: Veggie Couscous

26 January 2021


I don't know what it is about pearled couscous that I like so much but I really, really love it. I've been buying the big huge container for a while now but really always forget to make it. A couple weekends ago I noticed that Emmy was out of her pasta supply in the freezer. I was out of my regular noodles so I grabbed this and it did not disappoint! 

I usually start by cooking the rice or couscous in a little olive oil before adding the water. I did this and then added some better than bullion because I think it adds so much more flavor. I didn't realize until I finished that I added vegetable, not chicken. But it was a happy accident. I added the water and then let my couscous cook while I prepared the sauce. 

I blend spinach, garlic, shredded sharp cheddar, salt and pepper together in the food processor. Once it's well mixed, I add in some milk. Really I eyeball this one to get the consistently I'm looking for right. 

When the couscous (or pasta) is finished cooking, add the sauce. I don't use all of it, I usually save the leftover, freeze and use for the next batch. Emmy loved this one! I tried it too and loved it! It was delish. I divvied these up and froze about 8 for lunches! You can check out this post to see my similar recipe

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan