The Best Cookie Recipe

16 January 2021


The joke in our family, well really between me and Brian, is that I'm a terrible baker. And I don't believe that I'm actually terrible. I think I don't do much baking and I've messed up a couple things here and there over the years and I HAVE TWO YOUNG CHILDREN. But anyway... I decided I was going to look for opportunity to bake more. And not just random veggie muffins for Kate and Emily. 

So when my favorite top chef winner, Kelsey Clark, posted this cookie recipe to her Instagram, I took a screenshot and decided I would make these! She called it a base recipe where you can add almost anything to the dough. I started with chocolate chips. And they were good but tasted a little too much like flour. 

So the next time, I made sure I measured out the flour just right and they were excellent! And the third time, the same exact thing. Then I was typing the recipe for this blog post and realized it said 1 CUP butter which equates to 2 sticks of butter. UMM oops. I realized then that I've been using ONE stick of butter, not two. Immediately I started shaking my head... I REALLY AM A BAD BAKER!!!! So I told Brian, we had a good laugh but agreed that the cookies were actually good with only one stick. 

So we're sitting eating dinner the night I had this revelation, Brian went to the fridge, grabbed two sticks of butter and smiled. I knew that meant a chance to redeem myself. I went with double chocolate this past time and they were excellent!!! ONE TIP: I love cookies fresh out of the oven but just wait on these. Cooled is 10000 times better. XOXO

Ingredients
2 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt + 1 tsp to sprinkle (kosher course)
2 sticks soft unsalted butter
1 c light brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 c chocolate chips

Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 325F
2. Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a stand mixer.
4. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients in the stand mixer.
5. Add vanilla and eggs.
6. Fold in chocolate chips. 
7. Scoop onto sheet tray in 4 oz. scoops.
8. Sprinkle with Maldon salt.
9. Freeze cookie dough until firm, about twenty minutes.
10. Bake cookies for 14 minutes in oven.
11. Allow to cool and enjoy!

Tip: Make a big batch of cookie dough and keep frozen in shape of scoops until ready to use.


We tried this double chocolate variation last night and it was SO good! Just sub 1/2 cup cocoa for 1/2 cup of the flour. YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan