Trader Joe's Wonton Soup + Dumplings

16 June 2020


I am so happy I found this recipe. SO HAPPY. It's so delicious and so quick to make. I found it minutes before I made a Trader Joe's run a couple months ago, grabbed all the goods, and threw this together for a quick lunch. It was flavorful, filling, and really excellent. 

Let me back up a little bit, I accidentally bought the wrong wontons the very first time. I got the pot-stickers and I can't even remember what kind of wontons. It was a small pack and not nearly enough to fill us up. So I used those and mixed in some pot-stickers, which was actually really good. I cooked the rest of the pot-stickers for an appetizer and we dipped in soy sauce. Which turned out excellent. See below. 


Second time I got the right wontons. And it's still so very good. I got the original recipe from Skinnytaste, which I love. Enjoy! 

Easy (15 Minute) Wonton Soup

Ingredients
6 cups chicken broth low sodium
1- inch piece fresh ginger (sliced thin)
1 clove minced garlic
20 mini frozen wontons (I love the Chicken Cilantro one’s from Trader Joe’s)
1 1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
4 baby bok choy (halved lengthwise and halved)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
scallions (sliced green parts only for garnish)

Instructions
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot.

Smash the sliced ginger with the side of a knife to bring out the flavor and add to the pot with the garlic, cover and cook 5 minutes.

Add the bok choy and partially cook 5 minutes, then add the frozen wontons and mushroom, simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until the wontons are heated through and bok choy is tender and wilted.

Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil.

Divide soup in four bowls. Garnish with fresh scallions. Add some sambal or red chili oil for heat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan