COVID Diaries

30 January 2021

I can't believe it's taken me this long to put this post together. I've had the idea forever, I pulled the pictures together months ago but just haven't sat down and put pen to paper. Or keys to screen.. whatevs. 

It seems like yesterday but also so long ago when COVID started. It's been part of our daily lives for so long now, it's hard to believe there was a time when things were "normal." I remember hearing the first case had made it into the state and I remember the feeling of anxiety when they announced the first case in the state and then that school was closing and next work was going remotely. I was terrified. And I still don't remember so much of it. 

I know these pictures below were from the Friday night we all went home... for "two weeks." I also had a feeling it wouldn't be just two weeks. And boy way I right!! Even looking at these now, our kiddos look so young. Then I remember they were taken ALMOST A YEAR AGO. 

 

If any one picture sums up quarantine, it's this one! Haha. 

One thing that was pretty awesome about staying home, we had so much time together. Brian and I both work full time and while it was so stressful having the kids and trying to maintain our full time jobs, we got to see everything. Emily took her first steps at home, Kate potty-trained (Thanks, Susan!), and the girls spent so much time together-- Emmy wanted to do everything Kate was doing. It was special and really sweet. 


We spent a lot of "lunch breaks" on the back patio, playing in the house the girls got for Christmas but didn't actually get put together until we got sent home!! We had a chance to slow down and spend a lot of time getting creative with the things we did at home. The girls were introduced to a magical thing called Disney+. And Kate spent a few of my zoom calls, watching frozen underneath my arm. Survival mode was in full force! 


Potty training started on week one. When I kind of started stressing because you couldn't find diapers, wipes, or formula. But then again.. you couldn't find toilet paper either! My mother-in-law worked with Kate on the potty and she was seriously a natural. A few accidents here and there but she really picked it up quick. No bedtime accidents and she was out of pull-ups at night after week two! THANKFUL. Now Emily will be another story... our wild woman :) 

We moved the nugget downstairs immediately to give the girls another option for play. It was everything! A stage, house, gym mat, castle, the options were endless. And I'm so glad we already had one of these things. They sold out quick and people were selling for like $800! Wild. 

We had a couple zoom calls with Kate's classmates and Emily loved joining in on sisters fun. It was so cute watching all these little friends talk and show off their toys. 


Emily grew up so much while we were at home. She started walking, celebrated her first birthday, and copied every single thing Kate did. I'm really thankful for all the things we got to witness her learn. 


Some days were wild and crazy. This was my view most days when I was pulling double duty. Sweet visits from the kiddos were the best! 

This is one of my favorite quarantine projects. It was funny to see Kate watch us as we worked. We have an office in the house where Brian and I would rotate at the desk. Kate immediately decided that she needed an office. She would make her own around the downstairs and it was seriously precious. Brian and I decided to make the girls an "office" which would really serve as a place to do art, etc. I started looking for a desk and couldn't get my hands on anything! I had to get creative to find the pieces and it took forever to put this together but I'm so proud of the result. You can read all about the girls office HERE. I took the shot above the days the girls chairs came in. They were so excited! 

Being at home so much required a lot of grocery planning and cooking. It was seriously the most stressful thing to me. I could not get pick-up times at first and was having to go to the store. It was weird and depressing. Once I finally could secure a pick-up, nothing was fulfilled. Plus I was buying like quadruple the amount I usually would and we were cooking non stop. I'm having PTSD as I type about it. I finally figured out whole foods delivery through Amazon and it was seriously a life saver!!! We still use it now and probably will forever. 

Potty training and reading about Jesus. I love this picture. It's so true about these girls. Always together and Emily always looking up to big sister. 


Another zoom call with her friends. Showing off her rain boots. It's the little things in life. 

Kate joining me in my office and taking notes. She always wanted to press K for Kate on the keyboard. I think I'll remember that forever. 

Watching frozen and zooming. On this call, I had to speak so I muted Frozen and she got so mad. The whole call got to hear Kate saying, "no, I need Elsa! Mommy turn on Elsa!"

Haha! Our first whole foods delivery. The kids got so excited when we would get deliveries. They loved it and I still have no idea why. Emily's face here is everything!! 

Working in their office! Looking back I have a lot of great memories from our time home together. Some anxiety but mostly good memories. We're so lucky to have sweet girls and wonderful family to help us out when we really need it! I long for normal and the days when COVID is gone but wanted to document the days and memories from the year we all stayed home. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan