It snowed... A LOT!

07 March 2021

We've had winter and can officially move on from the cold! I 100000% know now that I don't care much for snow as an adult. Not when you have to deal with having enough food, milk, and keeping your pipes unfrozen. Plus, keeping young kids inside all day isn't the most fun thing. 

We had two back to back snow/ice events last month. The first one was kind of a nonevent, even though the roads got bad enough that we missed work for one day. 

I got smart the week prior and snagged some snow bibs for the girls. Kate refused to wear hers, as seen below... 

Emily wanted to go "side" as she regularly does. I got her dressed and when it came to Kate's turn, she refused to put anything other than her princess dress on. So Emmy and I went outside and Kate soon followed, she put on her boots but nothing else. I finally talked her into a coat and not much else. We didn't stay out long. 


Emily was not thrilled to go inside. She threw a fit on the floor for about 10 minutes. Now that it's warmed up and we spent the weekend outside, she did this every. single. time. we came in this weekend, too. 



The next snow event happened a few days later, over the weekend and over the next few days we got about 20 inches of snow. It was crazy!! We ran out of things to do and Kate still refused to wear clothes. I finally broke down with one of those, "I'm-the-adult-you-will-listen-to-me" talks and forced her to wear pants and sleeves. As seen below. Yes, a princess dress in under the purple dress.



We finally took a family trek out in the snow. Emily loved it and begged Brian to pull her in the wagon. Kate hated it and begged to go back inside. We lasted about ten minutes and honestly, I wasn't that sad about it. 



That's why car  under alll that snow. Of course I didn't removed the snow and of course my battery was so dead when I tried to start it. You could not tell where anything was, the road, the drive.. so much snow! 



Sweet Emily was determined to walk through the deepest parts of it! 

I was worried about the snow when it first started falling-- losing power, pipes, anything I could worry about. By Thursday I was feeling a little better. Felt like we were nearing the end and it was going to start warming up and melting. So I went downstairs to do a load of laundry and heard something-- a pipe had burst! We had to shut off the water and I immediately started calling plumbers. The ones who were working we're booking appointments for the following Wednesday!!! and the other half couldn't get out to service anyone. Some MIRACLE I got a plumber who walked us through shutting off and told us they would try to come out on Friday afternoon. 

They mentioned getting a clamp and trying to fix it. Friday morning, Brian walked to the hardware store on Cantrell and stopped by Edwards to grab more milk and food. I snapped this picture of him returning home. He really won a gold star for all the things he did during the snow! 


Clamp didn't work. But the plumber came out about 3 hours after our attempt and we were back up and running and ONLY spent 200 bucks. I've never been do happy to see water coming out of our faucets. 

So we spent a lot of time inside over the week+ of all the snow. Lots of movies, board games, goldfish, books, cuddles and princesses. Brian and I were also working full time from home so when I say lots of movies, I mean one day we watched Brave 2.5 times in the same day. 



Emily hosted a tea party for her baby dolls and my heart smiled. 


Remember I mentioned Kate wouldn't wear pants or tights? Well we found her nightgowns from last summer and she started layering them with the current nightgowns. I don't get it at all and it's still happening.. but I figure it's got to be adding warmth soooooo whatevs. 

Anyway, I did a lot of rambling. We had a good time home together and I enjoyed so much down time with the girls but I'll also be good if we don't get that much snow for another 10 years. 
XOXO




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan