Another Wonderful Weekend

21 March 2021

I know I just blogged about a terrific weekend but I'm back again with another one-- this time a fantastic SPRING weekend! It was so nice to get outside and just watch the girls play in the sunshine! It did everyone lots of good. 

The weekend started out with Friday night dinner, books and snuggles. Daddy reads so many princess books to these girls! But they are finally enjoying the same books at bedtime and really does anything get ANY better than that thumb sucking snuggle?! 

Actually let me back up really quick. Before the pajamas and books-- we moved little Em into her big girl bed!! Mid-week she woke up so mad and wouldn't go back to sleep. So I finally grabbed her, a pillow and blanket and we went to sleep on the nugget couch in her room. I slipped out before she woke up, so she woke up cuddled up on the nugget. She thought it was so cool. When I went to put her in the crib the next night, she immediately started saying, "no, no, no!" She grabbed a blanket and made a bed on the nugget. I figured it was time! 


After dinner, we moved the crib out and the mattress in. She was so excited!! Kate and Emily played on that mattress for a long time. She was so happy. 

And I was so happy that I found her like this the next morning!! She still takes up about 1/10th of the bed. Someday she'll learn that the whole bed is for her. 


Started the next morning outside and played all day. I'm so glad we have space at our house for these kiddos to play now. Emily chooses mostly to only play with rocks right now but oh well. 




After dinner, we made a fire in the backyard and introduced the girls to smores. They weren't that into them so we turned Moana on the ipad and sat around until the kiddos went to bed. Brian and I enjoyed hanging out by the fire after they went to bed and vowed to do this more often. 







Sunday we played games and hit up the playground at Jefferson. These girls love being outside! And I love watching them play together. Weekends are wonderful and even more perfect when it's sunny and warm(er)! XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan