Daddy Got a New Smoker!

01 June 2021

I swear that Brian has talked about buying a smoker on and off since we started dating. He finally broke down and bought one-- after lots of research, of course! It's been a hit so far and we've cooked a few pork butts, racks of ribs, chickens and some sausage. All has been fantastic and, he says, easy! 

The ribs above were from our first weekend smoke. We added roasted brussel spouts-- which were fantastic!! and my homemade slaw, which I've made a million times since and will have a post coming soon with the recipe. 


We used it for the second time when Scott, Holly and Ethan came to stay in April. With the spread above-- which was so good!


I love this little picture of Kate from the night we put it all together. We put her to bed and then worked on the assembly downstairs. She came downstairs to "check on us" and ended up helping us finish. She was so excited and wanted me to take her picture with daddy's new smoker! 




It's produced lots of good food and I'm sure I'll be back with plenty of BBQ recipes. Brian has been making his own sauces and they are excellent. I'll post those soon! 
XOXO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan