Memphis Style Slaw

02 June 2021

I talked about our new smoker in my last post and I think mentioned that I've been making non-stop coleslaw ever since! Brian loves Memphis style slaw with mustard and vinegar. So I've practiced and I think I've finally perfected the slaw. 

I started making it with the bag coleslaw mix but I just didn't like how it tasted. So for Emily's birthday I grabbed a head of green and purple slaw and decided I was going to chop my own. I ended up using the food processor but picked too small of a blade so it ended up super small. And then the purple cabbage dyed the green all purple and it just looked funny but tasted great. This weekend... I finally got it alllllll right. Enjoy! 

Memphis Mustard Cole Slaw

For the dressing:
1/4 cup yellow mustard (I've used yellow and Dijon)
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar - adjust to taste
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

For the salad:
1 bag (16 ounces) Classic Cole Slaw blend (or one-two cabbage heads)
1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoons celery seed
Hot sauce, to taste

For the dressing:
In small bowl whisk together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

For the salad:
In a large salad bowl toss together the slaw, green bell pepper, and celery seed.  Add the dressing to taste and gently toss until well combined. Season with the hot sauce to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan