Toddler Recipe: Butternut Squash Pasta

28 July 2020


Emmy is really loving pasta! Which I've never been able to get Kate to eat. I don't want to keep feeding her mac and cheese or something similar so I've been on the hunt to find/make my own recipes. This is my second shot and she's LOVING it! 

You might remember the spinach pasta that I made a few weeks back. It was a huge hit! Which got me thinking, what other veggie can I work into past that she will love. And when I say pasta, I'm actually using orzo for these. It seems to be the right size for her right now. And it's egg-free. 

The recipe is super simple and I really just kind of tried something that ended up working. So I'll recap as best as I can. Enjoy! 

Ingredients:
2-3C butternut squash (I use frozen for this and thaw)
2T milk
2T cheddar cheese
2T Parmesan cheese 
2C pasta of choice
1T fresh thyme 

Instructions:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Combine the squash, milk, and cheeses in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Stir the sauce over the cooked pasta. Take liberties as you see fit, sometimes I only use one type of cheese. 

PS. this (along with the spinach pasta) freezes great! I make a huge pot and then freeze and pop out for school and/or dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan