Funfetti Cookies: Toddler Super Approved

21 July 2020


Kate was in a mood on Sunday. I don't know what was wrong. Probably just the simple fact that she's a 2 year old. She wanted to watch Frozen. No Frozen 2. No Moana. No Frozen 2. No maybe Moana. Two minutes in, no I don't want dis. 

She needed undivided attention. Bless this child. I think she has my same love language. 

I found a recipe (BLOG LINKED HERE) for Emily to try. I hadn't gotten around to making it so I asked Kate if she wanted to go cook for Emmy. As I was searching the pantry for pasta, I saw a funfetti cake mix and knew that was Kate's second love language. Same girl, same. 

I wanted to do something different than cupcakes, so I quickly searched "funfetti recipe" on pinterest and landed on cookies. I asked Kate if she wanted to make cookies for her friends and take them to school and her eyes got big. She was so excited and told me she could "do de sprinkles." 

You see, Kate's teachers have been telling me that Kate tells her class that she's bringing them flowers from her garden. We don't have an actual garden.. and we don't have any flowers either. But I love her for this! So I figured cookies would be the next best thing. 

Kate loved making these cookies and had so much fun standing on her big girl LEARNING TOWER and helping mommy. Sometimes all you need is a little alone time with your mommy. <3

Ingredients
1 box funfetti cake mix
2 TBSP sprinkles, optional
1/3 cup canola oil
2 eggs - or sub Greek yogurt 

Instructions
Mix together cake mix, canola oil and eggs. Add additional sprinkles if desired. Mix until batter is moist and ingredients are blended.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls or use a 1 inch cookie scoop. Roll dough into extra sprinkles or top with extra sprinkles if desired.

Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.


Kate was so 'cited for Emmy to wake up from her nap and try a cookie. They were a BIG HIT all around!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan