Smoothie Bowl

19 July 2019


While browsing recipes a couple weeks ago, I saved a couple for smoothies. I've never been much of a smoothie fan, I prefer to eat my calories, but now that I don't really have time to sit down and eat, this appealed to me. 

I tried one of the smoothies and it was delish! Even made one for Brian and he loved it as well. The next day I took a stab at the smoothie bowl and it was so. delish. I think I would have preferred to drink it but you can't really drink it with the almonds and flax seed and such on top. Regardless, it was good. That peanut butter really set it over the top. Which-- strangely-- is why Brian said he wouldn't try it. 


Ingredients
3 tablespoons 25 g peanut butter (or almond butter), divided
1 cup 240 ml almond milk
1 cup 150 g frozen strawberries
1 small banana
pinch of ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup

Optional toppings:
sliced strawberries or bananas
slivered almonds
chia seeds or flax seeds
drizzle of maple syrup
drizzle of almond or coconut milk

Instructions
In a blender, add 2 tablespoons of the nut butter, almond milk, strawberries, banana, ginger, cinnamon, honey or maple syrup and blend until smooth and pour into 2 serving bowls.

In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining tablespoon nut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or less. Whisk and drizzle over each bowl.

Top the bowls with your desired topping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan