Apple + Whole Wheat Toddler Mini Muffins

07 March 2019

Hello! And welcome-- today I have another toddler recipe for you. I actually stumbled upon this one when I woke up last Saturday AM. It popped up in an email from Pinterest, "inspired by your pins." I love how everything I do sends me emails based on my browsing history. But I'm glad I clicked on this one! Usually I just swipe and delete. 

I think it's no secret to my blog readers that I've struggled with getting Kate to eat certain things. I KNOW, it's normal right now. But I'd like normal to be as healthy as possible, not just throwing bread and junk at her. So I figured this would be a good trick... looks like bread, tastes like bread but has apple hidden inside and made with whole wheat! Win-win.

I actually had everything in my pantry to make them, started immediately and she ate them for breakfast. And guess what? She loves them! They made about 28. I ended up freezing them in sets of 2 or 3 and pop them out every couple days for snack or meal. Depends on how lazy I am that day. 

Ingredients
¼ cup softened butter
⅓ cup sugar - I cut this back by just a little bit
1½ cups flour - I used whole wheat, it was a little more dense but still yummy. I tried them :) 
½ cup Applesauce
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
3 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla
sugar and cinnamon mixture for topping - I only used cinnamon on half, no sugar

Instructions 
Preheat the oven to 350F. Cream the softened butter and sugar with an electric mixer. 
Add in applesauce and mix. Add dry ingredients.

Grease your mini muffin pan before filling ½- 3/4 full. Sprinkle about ¼ teaspoon of the cinnamon/sugar mixture on top of each mini muffin. (Or don't.. either way!) 

Bake for around 12 minutes.

Excellent snack and hidden fruit! :) XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan