Avocado Toast with Blistered Tomatoes

08 March 2019

I've blogged about our love for avocado toast before, so when I saw this recipe. I knew we had to try it. I've been super careful with eggs since I've been pregnant so I thought this might be a new way to incorporate it back into our brunch routine. Plus... jazz it up a notch! 


I know Brian loves tomatoes so I think that's why this recipe jumped out at me. This was a little hard to eat but I think with some edits we could get it under control. On my AVOCADO TOAST recipe, I mash the avocado and rub it into the bread. I think this would help. Maybe stacking the chopped egg differently, too. (PS. It's so funny going back to old recipes... I'm so much better at the egg now! I really need to take new photos of like MOST of my old recipes.)

Regardless of the hard-to-eat aspect, this toast was yum. I LOVED the bread. Repeat-- love! And the everything spice was really good. Already looking for way to incorporate it into other dishes. 

Sunday Night Avocado Toast with a Jammy Egg

4 slices seeded bread (I love Dave's Killer Bread 21 Grains & Seeds Thin Sliced - bonus points that it only has 60 calories per slice and is packed with protein)
1 avocado
12 (or so) cherry tomatoes, halved
2 soft or medium-boiled eggs
toppings: Everything Spice, fresh cilantro, sriracha, lime wedges

1. Toast the bread either in a toaster or under the broiler.

2. Peel the avocado, remove the pit, and slice.

3. Heat a small sauté pan to high, then toss your cherry tomatoes around in it until they start to get soft. Season with a pinch of salt and set aside.

4. Top your toast with avocado slices and give them a little smash. Peel your eggs then thinly slice on top of the toast.

5. Top with cherry tomatoes, Everything Spice, fresh cilantro, and sriracha or hot sauce of choice. Sprinkle with a little sea salt, slice in half and eat. Don't forget
extra napkins!

Delish! And enjoy :) XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan