NOLA Trip 2024

27 August 2024

We took a fun little long weekend trip to NOLA again this year. Has been one of our favorite things. Almost canceled this year because Molly and Christian moved to Little Rock! Luckily the dates worked out and we actually got spend their last weekend in town with them. SO much fun going on a farewell tour with some of NOLAs biggest foodies. 

We made it to town for lunch and went straight to Peche. It's a must visit in our book. A must visit every single time!!! The oysters are just wonderful.






This was a seasonal menu item. It blew us away. Royal red shrimp, jalapenos, peanuts, crispy something, citrus, I don't remember everything but it was magnificent. 


I don't even remember what that was but it was also really wonderful . We also had these amazing carrots with a whipped feta and something. Everything we ate was perfect and fantastic. And I am just really obsessed with this place. 

We left lunch and hit another favorite- Keife and Co. Brian and Christian love this place and it's just such a neat little liquor store. As we were checking out, we were talking about moving to Arkansas and the guy was like oh do you know Christian, he's moving to Arkansas. So fun! 



Next stop-- the Chloe for drinks with Christian. This little boutique hotel is in an old home and it's so pretty. The drinks were lovely and it was so nice to be in full relaxion mode. Chatting about all things Molly-and-Christian-buying-a-home-right-around-the-corner-from-us. YAY! 


Brian and I did dinner on our own this night. First reservation we made, at La Petite Grocery! We watched Justin on Top Chef and knew we had to make a stop here. We started with the blue crab beignets, which were absolutely amazing. 


Brian got the paneed rabbit and he loved it. I got the alligator bolognese and it had the most perfect fried egg on the top. I ate every single bit and didn't get a picture and it was so lovely and so perfect and now I want it again just typing this. 


The next day we went walking through the park and took a little drive to see the oldest tree. Also grabbed some pictures. 



We did some shopping on Magazine. Brian has been on the hunt for a new reading chair. This is my favorite thing he does when we furniture shop. Doesn't matter what we're buying, he sits down and pulls out his pretend book. This is the test. If it passes the reading test, we're in business. 



Time to eat, again. We went to Bacchanal, which if you are keeping track, we went here last trip. It's so neat. Just like a backyard with live music, all the wine and food you could handle. Shady and just so fun and chill. 


Next stop was Parlay's for beers. 


Still eating. Appetizers and margs at Vals in Molly and Christian's neighborhood. 


Had to stop and take this picture for the girls. Mojo Dojo Casa House! 

Middlekauff cousins! Brooke, Molly, John, Bailey, Edward and Brian. 


We had dinner this night at Mamou. I know what you are thinking, how are ya'll still eating? Good question. I should have starved myself all day. 


We started with cocktails. Which never disappoint and then we ordered way too much food. Yet every single thing was absolutely delish and amazing. 


I can't tell you what all of that is but every bite was good. And yes, I tried it all. I also tried looking back at the menu to determine what we ordered. And I've failed. 


I know this was the risotto, which was my favorite. 



And just when we thought we were so done for like weeks. They came out with dessert as a parting gift to Christian. Who I think could be the Mayor of NOLA. 


No more food. But we had to go for drinks. We were close to this awesome bar, hit it up and then a couple months later it won some amazing award. Again, my memory isn't what it use to be. Which is why I usually try to write these posts right after we get back. Whoops. 


Jewel of the South. PTL! I see it on the napkin. 


Next morning. Our favorite! Bearcat. My favorite latte, served in my favorite mugs. 



After breakfast, Steve and Laura joined us for shopping on Magazine. Specifically, Brian and Christian bought a coffee roaster. And ALLLLL the things that go with it. Still hammering out the name for our company which, I'm sure, will take off. I mean look at those smiles. How can you not?


The loot. 


Shopping is tough, so we grabbed some mid-morning drinks. It could have been afternoon, who knows. 


We grabbed John and Molly for the second part of the day and snacked on crawfish and beignets. Has there ever been a better combo? NOPE! 



And then on to the last meal of the trip. A classic. Clancy's with the entire group. The conversation is always my favorite. I love sharing meals with these fun family members and I feel so lucky that we have them in our lives. 


The best deviled eggs ever. EVER. 



So much wine. 

And then we had a celebrity spotting. Brian recognized him. Half of us had to google him. We chose not to interrupt and just pretend to take pictures of Steve instead, in hopes we got his face. 


We love this place and have such beautiful memories here. The menu is handwritten. I always thought that was so neat. And over the years, it's never changed. I grabbed 3 copies while we were here and framed them for everyone. It's a lovely reminder when I walk past to our fun times here over the years. 


And then on to cocktails at Cure. The local bar. Christian has got to be so depressed at his options now in LR. A perfect night cap to another really wonderful and fun trip. 



But now we get to see each other multiple times a week. So fun! XOXO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan