Homemade Oatmeal + Fruit

12 March 2019

Ya'll.. this is my new favorite thing. I love oats but I haven't been able to eat oatmeal for a long time. I'm not sure why, maybe it's just the kind of instant oatmeal that we've been buying? Brian eats 2 packets a morning, like clockwork. Since we've been together. I don't know how!! 

Every time I come up with some new breakfast idea, I always offer to make him some. The yogurt, granola and fruit combo has finally rubbed off on him! I'm still working on the oatmeal routine.

One day I ordered Starbucks oatmeal as I was picking up my coffee and super hungry. I loved it! It seemed so simple.. a little brown sugar, some dried fruit (not my fav) and a nut packet. I figured I could do this at home. So I bought some whole wheat oats (Kate is a huge oatmeal fan!!), bought slivered almonds and a new box of brown sugar. 

I don't have an actual recipe for this but I just pour oats in a bowl, cover with water, heat for 1 minute and 20 seconds, add a splash of almond milk, a dash of brown sugar, slivered almonds to my hearts desire and mix. Some days, I get really fancy and add some fruit. It's some good ish, y'all! 

So easy. Enjoy! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan