Burnt Basque Vanilla Cheesecake

10 January 2022

So I finally joined the majority of the world and I got a Kitchen Aid mixer! Brian surprised me with it for Christmas. I guess all this baking I've been attempting got him excited for me to attempt some more! I saw this recipe on my instagram feed a few weeks back and knew it was going to be the first thing I try. 

I love most of the content that Half Baked Harvest puts out. Her recipes are so different and so fantastic! I've found she uses a lot of espresso in her baking too.. which is interesting to me. Anyway, this recipe really was not hard. It turned out so delicious and I'm already looking for an opportunity to make this again! 


Ingredients
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon hazelnut liquor
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Hot Cocoa Drizzle
8 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon espresso powder

Instructions
1. Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Lightly butter a 8-9 inch spring-form pan and line with parchment paper going up the sides of the pan.

2. Split the vanilla bean in half and use a sharp knife to scape out the seeds. 

3. In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 3/4 sugar, and vanilla beans on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl until very smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time until the eggs are fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then reduce the mixer speed to medium-low. Add the cream and hazelnut liquor, beat until combined, about 30 seconds.

4. Sift the flour and salt into the batter, then beat again to combine, about 30 seconds. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.

5. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until deeply golden brown on top and still very jiggly in the center. Let the cake cool 5 minutes, then unmold. Let cool completely. 

6. Before serving, make the chocolate sauce. Combine chocolate and cream microwave-safe bowl and microwave, stirring every 45 seconds, until melted. Stir in the vanilla and coffee powder. 

7. Slice into wedges and serve at room temperature or chilled, drizzled with warm chocolate sauce.

I probably could have let it get a little more "burnt." But I was nervous so I stopped here. Nice and jiggly. And below this was round two- leftovers. I sprinkled with some raspberries and YUM. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan