Toddler Egg Free Banana Muffins

24 June 2020



We found out right before Emily's 1st birthday that she has an egg allergy. Actually after some testing, egg and peanut. Eek! We go for more testing in September and I'm so anxious to find out more. Until then, we're obviously avoiding all egg and nut. 

As she's eating more and more "real" food, I'm having to find alternatives when baking. A few weeks back, I had some very, very ripe bananas and hated to throw them out. I know a lot of people sub bananas for egg so I search for a recipe. 

I found this one and wipped them up super fast. They were quick, easy, and Kate loved helping me bake them. You'll notice the sprinkles on "her" muffin. I think Kate actually loves them more than Emily! Enjoy :) 

Egg Free Banana Muffins
Ingredients
3 medium ripe bananas - mashed
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil (coconut oil, or any light cooking oil is fine - sunflower, canola, rice bran)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4-1 cup brown sugar (any amount between 1/4 cup to 1 cup, depending on your taste preference. I normally use 1/4 cup of dark brown)
1 1/4 cups golden wheat flour 
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon vinegar (I prefer apple cider vinegar, but any vinegar will do. You can also use lemon juice.)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line or lightly grease a standard 12-hole muffin tin. 
In a medium bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, milk, cooking oil, vanilla extract and brown sugar. You can mix this by hand, or use a hand mixer on low speed. I usually use a hand mixer since I find that it quickly will mash/puree a ripe banana. 

In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. 

Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined. Stir in the vinegar. 

Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Top the muffins with optional turbinado sugar. 
Bake muffins, rotating pan halfway through, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 25–30 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let muffins cool in pan 5 minutes. Transfer muffins onto a rack and let cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan