Mexican Chicken Bowl - Meal Prep

30 August 2018

I'm really getting creative with my meal prep these days. I was doing great with it... then not so great and I'm trying again. But I'm trying to incorporate really good, easy things and make lunch out of them. 


So I've blogged my CHICKEN CHILI TACOS recipe. And if you read the post, you know that we LOVE this dish! We make these all the time. 

Well... Kate and I are at the grocery store last week and I'm picking up stuff for dinner and somehow I just grabbed some chicken thighs because I was craving these tacos. Except we already had our dinners figured out. So I got this idea-- cook the chicken, make it into a bowl and call it lunch! Ta-da! That's what I did. 

I started the crock pot pre-Sunday nap and by the afternoon, we had 4 lunches for the week. I'll share the recipe for the chicken below. I put it on top of some medium grain rice and topped it with my super awesome corn "salsa" recipe, a little cheese and a lotta love. 

My corn salsa changes each time I make it but heres what I THINK I did-- 1/2C corn, 1/4C chopped cilantro, juice of 1/2 a lime, 1T diced jalepanos, 1/4C salsa, salt and peppa. Sometimes I throw in diced red bell pepper, if I have it :) 

Chicken Chili Chicken Recipe
Ingredients
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 cup mild or medium salsa, plus more for serving
1-2 tbsp chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1 tbsp chili powder
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
8 taco shells or tortillas
grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped avocado, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges, for serving (optional)

Directions
1. Preheat a 5-to 6 quart slow cooker. 

2. Combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, one teaspoon salt, and a quarter teaspoon pepper in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until chicken is cooked through, four hours (or on low for eight hours). 

3. Transfer chicken to a bowl. Using two forks, shred chicken; moisten with cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in taco shells, with cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, lime wedges, and salsa.

Assemble and eat! YUMMM. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan