Martha's Chili Chicken Tacos

08 January 2018


I've made my fair share of chicken tacos. Mostly all in the crock-pot. I don't care how careful I am or how much care I put into these things, they always end up a little too dry for my liking. One thing I have found, chicken thighs usually turn a better result. But after the last round of dump-salsa-over-chicken-and-cook-for-hours was not as tasty as the article suggested.. I gave up!


Until..... my favorite, Martha Stewart, came out with a new slow cooker cookbook. I got THIS COOKBOOK for Christmas and I am so excited to try LIKE everything. I tried out two recipes this weekend, the Coq Au Vin and the Chili Chicken Tacos. Neither one were a disappointment.

The real star were the above pictured tacos. These were so full of flavor, fell right apart when I went to shred and we're 100% husband approved. I even cooked them on high which made me so nervous--- still excellent!!

Ingredients
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 cup mild or medium salsa, plus more for serving
1-2 tbsp chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1 tbsp chili powder
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
8 taco shells or tortillas
grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped avocado, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges, for serving (optional)

Directions
1. Preheat a 5-to 6 quart slow cooker. 

2. Combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, one teaspoon salt, and a quarter teaspoon pepper in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until chicken is cooked through, four hours (or on low for eight hours). 

3. Transfer chicken to a bowl. Using two forks, shred chicken; moisten with cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in taco shells, with cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, lime wedges, and salsa.

Seriously.. so easy. We'll put this in the rotation on the reg!! And do yourself a favor, get the cookbook!! I'll be back with more soon ;) 

Oh yeah, we eat our tacos on THESE PLATES. They are so fun and super useful. If your a taco lover, I highly recommend you grabbing some. I think you can buy similar ones on Amazon. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan