Roasted Tomatoes + Spaghetti

03 August 2018

If you've been following my blog for a while, like I know so many of you have been! Then you will know I blogged a couple years ago about all the ways I cooked Bradley Co tomatoes one summer. Well, three years later- I've done it again. Except I only cooked them one way this time. And I basically did the same thing I did last time with a few edits.

Here's my original post if you are interested. I also blogged a killer salsa recipe with roasted tomatoes, find that here.

I quartered these tomatoes, tossed them with EVOO, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little Italian Seasoning then dumped them on an oven safe sheet. Threw a few cloves of garlic in there, some fresh oregano, rosemary and basil then popped them in the oven. 

Last time I did this, I roasted for like 2 hours. And my house was really hot. This time I used the fancy "roast" function on my oven, set the temp to 425 and roasted for about 45 minutes. 

This is what they looked like when I took them out. I probably could have let them cook a little longer but didn't. 

Then I threw them in a food processor, drizzled a little EVOO in and processed. Stuck the finished result in a airtight container and stuck it in the fridge for a couple days. 

I pulled it out, made some meatballs, browned them, let them simmer in a little sauce and then mixed the rest in with a pot of spaghetti... good. So good. Brian complimented it again on how fresh and light, yet flavorful it was. 

So good. 


If you get a bunch of tomatoes before they aren't good anymore, do it! Or roast some salsa ;) 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan