Snow Day + Soup

16 January 2018


I have always been a huge fan of chicken noodle soup! There aren't a great many of soups I like but chicken noodle-- I LOVE! 

I've been trying to make a big batch of soup on the weekends for us to take to work for lunch during the week. I'll post links to a couple of our favorites since I didn't blog them. 


Brian loved this one! Kept telling me how hearty and excellent it was. I think it will be in next weeks rotation.

We've had this one a few times and love it! This is the first time I actually followed the recipe. Usually we use ground turkey and make some changes. You can read where I blogged it HERE

So this week I went with a Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from my mother in law. I made a few edits and ya'll.. it's so good!! Make your own stock, just do it!!!! 

Ingredients 
1 rotisserie chicken
1 C chopped celery 
1 C chopped onion
1/4 C margarine or butter
1 C diced carrots
1 t italian seasoning 
1/2 t pepper 
salt to taste 
1 bay leaf
6 oz wide egg noodles, uncooked

Broth Ingredients
1 rotisserie chicken carcass
2 carrots
2 celery stalks
1 onion, quartered
12 cups water  

In a large stock pot, dump the broth ingredients listed above. Bring to a boil. Simmer on low for really as long as you want. We cooked ours for a long time. Add so more water if it starts to get low. Stain and save. Ours made about 10 cups in the end. 

In a large dutch oven, cook celery, onion and carrots in margarine until tender; add remaining ingredients except noodles. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes. 

Remove bay leaf. Add wide egg noodles; bring to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes longer, until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. 

It just so happened that today was a snow day for me and Kate. There's really nothing better than a hot soup on a cold day. I ate mine on top of the above pictured bright Pioneer Woman place mats. I don't hate the cold but something cheerful and bright is always welcome in the dead of winter!  So good! And Brian approved :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan