Korean Beef Bowls

28 January 2018

First off-- I forgot my green onions so this picture is not nearly as pretty as it should/could be but it's just so darn good AND I can't believe I haven't blogged it yet SO it's overdue. SO I'm posting it and just take my word for it MAKE IT TODAY. 




Now that we got all of that out of the way. I know I've said it a couple... okay, a million times, I love Skinnytaste.com. She can do no wrong. I love everything I've made from her cookbook, website, instagram, etc. It's quick, easy, delish and healthy. 

The Skinny Korean Beef Rice Bowls are no exception. You will for sure want to put these in your rotation. They are easy! And delish. And please.. whatever you do, don't leave out the cucumbers! My husband hates cucumbers and he eats this dish with them. They make it! Ok, maybe not MAKE it but they are good and offer a great crunch. 

And please, for the love of cucumbers.. peel the darn things. I just don't understand. I am the biggest cucumber advoate you will every find. The peeling is gross.  What's worse? Leaving some of the peeling! That's just gross. Don't be lazy, get your cucumbers naked. 

Eat, share, love :) 

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
cooking spray
1 pound 93% lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
3 cups cooked brown rice
1 small sliced cucumber, skin on
2 tablespoons Gochujang, or more if desired -- we order this on Amazon, I've linked it
1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, plus more for topping
2 sliced scallions, white and green parts


DIRECTIONS:
Combine the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons water, brown sugar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.

Heat a large deep nonstick skillet over high heat, spray with oil and add the ground beef. Cook, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon until cooked through, about 5 minutes.

Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.

Pour the sauce over the beef, cover and simmer on low heat 10 minutes.

To assemble the bowls, place 3/4 cup rice in each bowl, top with scant 2/3 cup beef, cucumbers, Gochujong, sesame seeds and scallions.

Enjoy! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan