Dresser/Entertainment Center Rehab..

17 February 2015



I finally found a dresser to make into an entertainment center for our home, I shared the road to rehab HERE a couple weeks ago. The hardest part of this whole project was finding a piece of furniture... oh, and picking a paint color!


I bought this old dresser from Grandma's Antiques in Cabot and only paid 110 bucks! I sanded and drilled and sawed and sanded in the freezing cold to get this thing ready to paint the DAY I bought it.. and a little the next morning. I have absolutely no patience. None! My sweet husband helped me carry it into the office/his work room to paint since it was raining and cold.

I planned to try out chalk paint for the first time after seeing it all over pinterest. I did loads of research and I really loved the navy blue shade they sell. I thought that was my plan. When I ran it by Brian, he might have said something along the lines of... don't we have a lot of navy in the house? Okay, yeah.... you're right Brian. Everything in this house is blue! The walls are disgusting yellow and the lighting is not good. Lighten up house, starts now!

When I really thought about it, I decided I'm not going for a rustic look with this piece. I'm a Sherwin Williams kind of girl... soooo I went to my favorite SW in the Heights, they are the best!! I went straight for my favorite color swatch, the one with comfort gray (MY FAVORITE) and chose spare white. Two shades lighter than Comfort and one from Sea Salt... gorge! I figured I would stick with what I know, a paint family I know I'll be happy with and no rustic look. I didn't want to get too crazy with this piece, first redo, something simple and small. 

We moved it into the living room and it just fit. It lightens up the room so much, we love it! You have to try hard when you have ugly yellow walls throughout the whole house!!! We've got plenty of room for our bose, dvd, and all the cable boxes/apple tv... with a little room for some decorations :) 

Now our old school, heavy tv has a sturdy place to live! 
PS. My pictures are not good and the lighting is so horrible... but you get the drift. 


I kept the original hardware. I originally thought I would replace the pulls but I ended up liking them. They pull the hardware from the dining room into the living room so I think it works. So there you go, nothing fancy but while we're living in our yellow, old rent house... this is it! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan