Pinterest Challenge!

05 June 2012

I have FINALLY decided to take on the pinterest challenge! I'm pretty excited about it? What is this challenge, you may be asking yourself? Well, I stole the idea from Lindsey Jarrett-- for a month she took on a new pin from pinterest. Whether it be a new meal, craft, anything. 

I'm probably starting this at the worst time ever so I'm going to do 31 pins as I have time. I'm going to shoot for a month but I'm not going to kill myself to get it finished. So I give myself from yesterday (i started on the 4th of June) until July 15th. That's a fair amount of time, right? I've already taken on a lot of projects/recipes I've seen on pinterest. I'll try to make a post sometime soon to tell you about those. 

OKAY... so here goes nothing.... I'll go ahead and tell you about my first project even though I don't have a picture of it. 

#1- Avocado Egg Salad-- which might kind of be a cheat because I made it for the first time a few weeks ago for Erin's bachelorette party. It was such a crowd favorite that I was craving it last night for dinner. So delish.. here's the recipe. I recommend trying it at home, tonight!! 

Recipe compliments of Skinny Taste

Avocado Egg Salad
Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 cup • Old Points: 3 pt • Points+: 4 pt (w/ light Flatout 7 pts)
Calories: 154.7 • Fat: 11.7 g • Protein: 9.3 g • Carb: 4.6 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 0.5 g
Sodium: 132 mg (without salt) 

Ingredients:

  • 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
  • 4 hard boiled egg whites, chopped (discard the rest)
  • 1 medium hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp fat free plain yogurt
  • 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
  • 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
  • pinch freshly ground pepper

Directions:

Combine the egg yolks with the avocado, light mayo, yogurt, chives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork. Combine with egg whites and adjust salt as needed.


xoxo, ARH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan