Favorite Spot in Our Home: Screened in Patio

28 July 2024

I don't even know where to start on this patio. It's my favorite spot in the house. It's seriously the main reason we bought this house. We spend so much time here and it's such a beautiful serotonin hit for us. We finally, FINALLY got it exactly where we want it and I just really look forward to coffee on the weekends out here. And naps-- my new favorite. 

This is a picture the day we moved in. I ordered the furniture before we closed so it was the first thing to arrive. We worked on putting it all together while the movers did all the rest. It was actually pretty great since we were in the way everywhere else. 



A couple months after we moved in. I really thought I loved it then. I snapped this picture during cocktail hour. Brian and I enjoying sidecars while the girls sat at the table coloring. It's seriously so perfect. We kept it this way for a while. Before we started adding tons of plants and decided we wanted more furniture! 

Fast forward to this spring. My sister and brother-in-law moved to town right as we were looking for a daybed or something similar. They had an outdoor couch with no place to put it. So we very graciously took it off their hands. Then we worked through every single possible configuration until we landed on exactly what we wanted. And we love it! It's so cozy and perfect. And beautiful. 


Swivel Chairs  |  Couch  |  Poofs  |   Rugs

I love the addition of alll the plants. It makes it so happy and green out here. We seriously feel like it's a tree house sometimes and that's one of my very favorite parts. 

I love these swivel/rocker/glider chairs that we bought. All of the outdoor furniture came with covers. Which is awesome but we've actually never used them. We also got the matching couch. My parents got the same set around the same time as us and my dad said he wished he would have got 4 chairs and skipped the couch. If it weren't for naps, I might say the same. They are super comfy and versatile. 


Speaking of comfy, this was one morning around 5am. I turned these fun lights on as the sun came up. The picture looks brighter than it actually was. I originally bought the Wyze strip lights but they weren't long enough to go around the entire room. So I opted for some cheap ones on Amazon. They still have a remote control and can be synced with your music via an app. Solid, cheap purchase!! 



Love this glow that they put out. We also only have one set of outlets out here. So having lamps wasn't really an option. These you can dim and make bright.. change colors, patterns, really everything. 

OK back to scheduled programming! We had an extra 32 inch TV so we hang it on the wall. Found out super quick that it's way too small! But we haven't changed it and still enjoy just having it there. Even if it's just to stream music. We also added an Alexa dot for music. 


We ended up having to rebuild a fair amount of the patio. A lot of the wood at the bottom had rot out and some of the screens needed repair. We ended up just replacing all of the screens but as panels instead of stapled in, like they were before. Now if we have one tear, we just have to replace a panel and not the entire room. I love them so much more now. The mesh is finer and it doesn't look so much like a bulky screen. 



This might be one of my favorite views in the entire place. I love this beautiful pink plant, gifted to me by one of the sweetest ladies that I've ever worked with. And then this fun fabric on the chair and pillows. Love it! 


The screened in section connects to our outdoor patio where we grill and such. Also has doors leading in to the kitchen. It's a whole big entertaining circle :). We worked last summer at all the plants and green on the outdoor part. I really need to blog all of that at some point. I found this super awesome stand online and just love it. Love that the view of one green space is another green space.


Got very lucky on my stand. I found these awesome black metal planters from CB2. Was about to order them and a stand just like the one above popped up in our review photo. Turned out that it was already sold out. So I google image searched the picture and found the stand above... from WALMART! For like 1/4 the price of the one at CB2. Also popped up-- other black metal stands like the ones I had in my cart. Also a tiny fraction of the price, in Little Rock at At Home. Two days later, I had all my planters and saved so much money!! 


Back inside, I found a lot of other great plant stands at TJ Maxx, Homegoods, and At Home. I even ordered this one that I thought would be super cute from Big Lots. It's a scallop, two-level stand, navy stand. Was much smaller than I thought it would be and you can't even see it now. Maybe someday I'll find a great use for it. 


Popping back to the other end. We also replaced the ceiling fans when we moved in. I love the black! I also really love the blue ceiling. We can not take credit for that but I'm really thankful for whoever made that decision. 



I love those cool spring and fall days where we can leave the french doors open and really enjoy this space. Also love that the girls have their own area here. I really struggled with what to do for them. We thought about putting their kitchen out here so they had something to play with. Ended up putting the picnic table which has been great. We just send all the kids out to eat here and it's really great when we have a lot of people over for dinner. Doors open, parents at the dining table, kiddos at the little table. It's perfect! They also have a place to draw and color when we are all hanging out here together. 



This has been the most perfect space for our family and I really love it! I hosted bunco in the spring and it was the perfect spot for the 3rd table. The lights added fun color for our taylor swift themed party. Now we have so much seating that we can really entertain and I just know there will be so many memories made on this porch! 

Also, fun thing we did. Our family pictures last fall were taken here! It's changed so much since then. Last year after the tornado, I realized I really didn't have any photos our our old home. I knew I wanted the Christmas card from last year to share our new address, etc. What better way then to take our pictures at home, in the space we love so much, and have the photos for a lifetime. If you missed that post, check it out HERE
XOXO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan