Chimichurri and Mexican Rice

16 May 2022

No secret that we love Mexican around here. And this meal just kind of happened. It was a pleasant, lovely leftover meal surprise.

The night before we had the tacos I just blogged about with the homemade corn tortillas. We had plenty of leftover carne asade so I figured I could make a chimichurri sauce and recreate an entirely new dish. We haven't had chimichurri in forever so I was excited. I was actually missing a couple ingredients but it turned out fantastic! 

Thought about making this into a bowl-- we eat a lot of those! But I used all my cilantro to make the chimichurri so I switched gears and made Mexican rice. Which I loosely followed a recipe and then took my own liberties. Turned out really, really good! A perfect, happy meal. Enjoy! 

Chimichurri Sauce:
2 packed tbsp parsley, finely chopped (no stems)
2 packed tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp water
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp fresh black pepper
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste


Oh and the carrots I just found in the fridge. I tossed with EVOO, salt and pepper and then roasted. I always love them this way! And I always forget I love them this way. 

And I can't find the recipe for the rice. I'm going to test this one again. I'll write it down this time and then post. XOXO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan