Baby Chicken Pot Pies

07 November 2018


I've been having the hardest time figuring out what to send for lunch with Kate. I had it all figured out and then I didn't. It's so much easier when she's with me. Like will this be good cold? What if all this runs together and gets soggy? I hate to just send a pouch BUT it's so easy!!! Will they judge me if I send peas and carrots every single day? When will Kate stop liking peas and carrots?! So many thoughts. 
So I went to pinterest. I still really haven't gotten anywhere but I did make these mini chicken pot pies. They were super easy and she loved them. Only problem-- it made a fair amount and I know she was sick of them after a couple days. Next time, I'm going to adjust my recipe and make only a couple. Still trying to figure out if these freeze well :)

Ingredients:
Crescent dough – Store bought (I've also thought just pulling apart biscuits would work too. And probably would be easier)
1 c. cooked chopped cooked chicken
3/4 c. canned cream of chicken (I used less and I accidentally bought cream of mushroom and it worked just fine)
thawed garden vegetables
chicken seasoning or salt and pepper optional

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400

In a bowl, mix chicken, cream of chicken and sprinkle a little chicken seasoning or salt and pepper. Set aside.

Using a glass or cookie cutter, carve out circles of crescent dough. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and carefully place dough in each circle. Add chicken mixture into each circle.

Using the leftover dough, cut strips and place it on top. Bake for about 20 minutes, check at 15 minutes for desired brownness. Mine got a little too brown. I only cooked for 10 minutes too. So adjust accordingly! 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan