Part V- Reception Details

08 January 2015

We borrowed these awesome sugar molds from Kathy Gean (the caterer). They are amazing! I actually started working on the floral design on this one, Lauren and Mom came in behind me and finished it all. So fun!.......


My brother in law made these adorable cornhole boards for us as a wedding gift, the gift that keeps giving! So we used them at the reception, so fun! 

My super talented sister worked on all the table centerpieces. We did birch boxes with eucalyptus, hypericum berries and hydrangeas outside and mint julep cups filled with roses on the inside tables. 


My very favorite creation! I saw an idea similar on pinterest and knew this is what I wanted for our favors! We love to cook and cook a lot together-- so we got together our favorite recipes and made a mini cookbook for all our guests. It was really hard to narrow it down to 10- I could have kept going! I enlisted my uber talented friend, Jennifer, Ramsey for the design. We had them printed locally and mom did all the binding, complete with a set of teaspoons. I am in love! 

We set up two places for guest to pick up-- inside and out! 
Another shot with the beautiful venue in the background

My mom put together these adorable shepherd hooks filled with babies breath. 

The ever fabulous classical guitarist! I'm not sure if I have a picture of the pianist-- but he was equally wonderful! 

LOVE this picture of our rings in one of the sugar molds. Absolutely love! 

I've loved this home all my life! When I was young, you couldn't see the house because it was occupied. Trees covered every angle, I would always beg my dad to just drive down the driveway so I could sneak a peak. (It's across the street from my church so I was of course interested every Sunday!) When the owners died, someone took over the house and cut down the trees, I was in love! When they started renting the house for events, I knew I would get married there some day. I'm far too anxious of a person for an outdoor wedding in September, enter reception. And we had the most perfect September day-- I'm so happy we had the option of spending time inside and out. 


I have no idea who did all of this work and when! They did a great job.


Can you say bacon wrapped crackers? YUM. 


This is another one of my mom's projects. Wedding pictures of each parent and grandparent-- all of which were there! We are so lucky to have 8 grandparents still living between the two of us-- close to 300 years of marriage advice--- we'll take it! 

Grooms cheesecake bar

And I'm sorry but you don't get a close up of the cake-- somethings are best to just let go, right?! The flowers were gorgeous though ;) 

I'm excited to share the reception pictures next! 
Love, Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan