Hello, my name is Kate Johnston

13 December 2017



Kate Alexandra Johnston
September 16, 2017 
8 lbs 8 oz   |  20.5 inches |  12:52 a.m.

Well.... we had a baby!! And what a perfect, sweet little thing she is. I'm super late in blogging her arrival but better late than never, right?! 

Delivery was crazy. It started off with having to schedule the delivery since Kate went past her due date. The week prior I was put on bed rest which was 0 fun. We were scheduled to be at the hospital at 4AM on Friday, September 15th. I didn't sleep a wink the night before. At 2:30 AM my phone rings, Conway number, so I answered. It was labor and delivery. They needed me to come in at 6AM. NOOOOO. WHY?! I'm dying with anxiety here. 

We arrive, get checked in and they start the meds. Everything else was a semi-blur from 6AM until about 2AM the next day! Of course I wasn't progressing like I should, the pain meds weren't doing their job. I was downright miserable and labor was long. As was the hospital stay for me and baby Kate. Memories that are not fun to relive. 

I feel like my blog is a happy place where I share happy memories and it's a great place for me to come back and relive these memories. I use it all the time to relive fun trips we take, recipes, etc. All this to say, I'm going to spare the birth details on my blog. It was an exhausting and emotionally draining day/days that resulted in the most perfect little girl. At the end of the day, that's all that really matters. :) 

And that she is.. the most adorable, sweet baby girl. I'm so obsessed with this tiny human. All 19 hours were worth it. Don't you just want to eat her up?? 
2:03 AM - holding my sweet girl for the first time

2:52 AM- Dad holding sweet Kate for the first time




Future besties - Kate + Lucy 

One proud daddy :) 

3 generations 

We had the very best doctor!! 

I'll be back with more pictures from Kate's 1st month :) She's really so fun. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan