BVT: Dining Room

31 August 2024

This room came together the quickest and easiest in our home. There is still so much I can do-- mainly to the walls. But for now, it works. I honestly didn't think we would use this room very much but now that we have so many family members in town, we use it pretty often. And when friends come to stay, it's nice to have the kitchen table for the kids (or the patio!) and then dining room for the adults. 

When I went to take pictures, Emily actually asked me to take her picture. Which never happens!! So I gladly did :) 

Our dining room furniture suffered the least amount of loss during the tornado. We have some new bumps and scratches. I still don't think the tabletop sits completely level but choosing to look past all that! This was the one set that actually had some meaning to us, so I'm thankful it was able to make home #3.  


The picture above was a wedding gift. It's been with us 10 years now! And the buffet was a Christmas gift the year we got married. The china cabinet was also a wedding gift and then a few years later, we found the matching dining table. I can't remember how long the lady said it had been in her family. But we love this antique set. Brian wishes the chair didn't creak so much. :) 

I love that this connects with the screened in porch. The double doors are also a fav. We've used this room many times with the doors open and the kids at the picnic table on the patio. I have lovely memories of last fall with the doors open and the crisp air filling the house. Also worked perfect for when I hosted bunco. I love that the tables were all close without being in the same room. 


Love this little bar spot. And these precious cocktail napkins I got for Christmas last year from one of the sweetest friends.


This poor guy really needs some refinishing! He got a fair amount of damage, especially at the bottom. But I still love this piece and all the special things that fill it. Especially this bowl. Which I know I've blogged before. And if you ever have a meal with me that includes a bottle of wine, I'm going to make you sign the cork so I can add it to this bowl. 


I really love that this room had grass cloth wallpaper on the walls! I always wanted it but didn't want to mess with the actual picking out and hanging. They did not do the best job hanging this but if you don't look super close, it looks lovely! 


And I really love the chandelier. It's not going anywhere, like ever! XOXO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan