Spring Weekend in NOLA

29 December 2023

It's no surprise that we love our long weekends in south Louisiana. Especially when we get to spend so much time with the Middlekauffs/Hollands! This was another trip we wondered if we should cancel but ultimately decided we needed a break and what better way than a weekend of good food, lovely drinks and perfect company?

We started the weekend off with a bang. Dinner at Clancy's. I had been with Molly before-- and I love that she reminds me of this. We started to order and she asked if I wanted a drink. I guess I made a face and she was like ahh, too much to drink last night? My response, "worse, I'm pregnant!" So THIS TIME I got to enjoy it and all the glory! 


Grabbed a quick picture of our table. I don't remember what everything was but I know we looooved those deviled eggs and are still talking about trying to recreate them. The meal was fun, the food was delish and the conversation was exactly what Brian and I needed. 


After dinner, the kiddos (us, molly + christian) went out to this cool spot for drinks. Lots of fun! 


The next morning, we grabbed breakfast at Bear Cat. I don't think we can ever go to NOLA without going there. My favorite latte served in my favorite little mugs. The food is just so good! 


Meanwhile, back at Gma and Boompas, the girls were having a blast with Alex and Clarky at their first crawfish boil. :) 

The real reason for our weekend trip was to go to Baton Rouge for Blythe and Dane's wedding. I got zero pictures from the rehearsal dinner. We spent the next day doing some BR type things-- like visiting this mexican place and having ONE margarita that made every single person pass out almost immediately. I heard later that it was made with everclear. BUT we made it to the wedding and had a blast celebrating! 



Nothing makes you feel more old than heading out to a college bar with a bunch of 20-somethings. We called it an early night but greatly enjoyed the time together and with family. Plus, had to get moving early to see our girls!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan