You must try this!

23 July 2015

I'm back with another Skinny Taste favorite! This website really is my absolute favorite. Last night I made the Honey Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Veggies AND before you hear honey and run... don't! 


For some reason I'm always weird when something uses honey, soy sauce or has teriyaki in the title. I really had to read through this recipe before I committed to making it. But here's the thing, every week I buy chicken and we say we're going to grill it AND every. single. week. when it gets to grill night, we change it up.  Chicken can just be so bland and it's easy to overcook. I will not eat large chicken breasts. I don't care if they marinate overnight, they still are way too thick and have no taste to me! I always buy the thin cut ones.

Soapbox aside... I started my marinade which pretty much consists of a basil pesto. Which smelled sooo amazing and I grew the basil, I felt so proud :) 





Add the rest of the seasonings and let it sit for at least an hour. I originally was worried I should have marinated overnight but the end result was sooo good, I quickly forgot. Maybe next time. 

 
Used our handy grill pan to cook the veggies-- don't go crazy with spices, etc on these. Everything is going to be drizzled at the end. We added yellow peppers and tomatoes to our grill basket. 

While Brian was taking care of the grill duties, I worked on mixing up the final drizzle, um sauce? You couldn't even taste the aforementioned honey. And I don't care what it is.. everything is amazing with balsamic vinegar. Try it!!! 


I dumped the cooked veggies in a casserole dish, topped them with the chicken then drizzled with the honey, vinegar, etc mix. Y'all it was so good! And only 7 WW Points Plus. The chicken had such a great flavor, that basil pesto was SO GOOD. My finished picture doesn't do justice, they never do. 

Here's the recipe, you can also find it on SKINNY TASTE

Honey Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Vegetables

via Skinnytaste.com 
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 3 oz chicken w/ veggies • Old Pts: 6 pt • Points+: 7 pts 
Calories: 273 • Fat: 12 g • Protein: 30 g • Carb: 13 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 6 g
Sodium: 260 mg • Cholesterol: 85 g


Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless thin sliced chicken cutlets
  • 3 tbsp homemade pesto (click on the link to find the pesto recipe.)
  • 1 clove crushed garlic
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • juice from 1/2 lime
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp raw honey
  • kosher salt
  • 1 lb asparagus (1 bunch), tough ends removed
  • 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
  • olive oil cooking spray
Directions:
Marinate chicken with pesto, garlic, red pepper flakes, lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt at least 1 hour, or overnight for best results.

Mix oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl.

Heat a grill over medium-high, be sure grates are clean and well oiled to prevent sticking.

Put veggies on 1 large grill tray or 2 smaller trays (or cook in batches), spray with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook, turning constantly until the edges are browned, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside on a dish.

Cook the chicken about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until grill marks appear and the chicken is cooked though, transfer to a platter, too with the veggies and pour the balsamic dressing over everything.

XOXO, ARJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan