Yummy Cookies

23 March 2015

There are a lot of things I'm good at in life-- I'm actually a great cook (I can say that!) and decent baker-- but when it comes to making cookies from scratch.. I fail every time! 

Something is always wrong. My no-bakes didn't set up right, cookies taste like flour, or they are flat.. I don't know what's wrong with my cookie ability. Anyway, the above cookies are the ticket. They were so, so good.. and before you go off thinking I made them, I didn't.

My friend Jennifer was in town this weekend... we planned to watch the game with some friends. I put on crockpot buffalo chicken slides, you must try-- HERE and some cheese dip. She felt like she needed to contribute in some way so when she suggested cookies, I was all in! I think I'm going to be successful the next time around. 

Are you ready for the super secret, super amazing recipe? I kid, it's from the chocolate chip bag! 

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (we substituted Crisco sticks)
3/4 cup granulated [white] sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
(full disclosure-- we used milk chocolate and white chocolate mix)

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE in preheated 375-degree oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

So let's see if I can do this right the next time around, I watched very closely :) Happy Monday! Happy Spring Break! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan