I love a good carb!

06 June 2016


Who doesn't love carbs? Particularly, pasta.. I LOVE PASTA. I try my very hardest not to eat it, so when I do.. I go all out! Enter- Paul Prudhomme's Shrimp Diane. I actually ordered this at Faded Rose a couple months ago and it was heaven on a plate. SO. MUCH. BUTTER. I mean I dipped bread and ate it and then ate pasta and felt no remorse. We actually took an hour long walk that day AND the day after. So basically I ate nothing, right?

Anyway, Brian tried it, loved it and decided that was our next Paul dish to try! We actually toned down the butter when we made it at home and didn't use as much as he did... it was still so dang delicious! I snap chatted it and grabbed a still. Just try it! I know I say t his about all my recipes... but they are all so good if I take the time to blog them :) 

Shrimp Diane by Paul

1 and 3/4 pounds medium shrimp with shells 
6 tablespoons shrimp stock
1 and 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (we used less!)
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon oregano
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
3 tablespoons very finely chopped parsley leaves
Pasta, French Bread or hot cooked rice

Rinse and peel the shrimp; refrigerate until needed. Use shells to make shrimp stock by boiling them in a pot of water.

In a large skillet melt 1 stick of butter over high heat. When almost melted, add the green onions, garlic, salt, cayenne, white pepper, black pepper, basil, thyme and oregano; stir well. Add the shrimp and saute just until they turn pink, about 1 minute, shaking the pan (versus stirring) in a back and forth motion.

Add the mushrooms and 4 tablespoons of the stock; then add the remaining 1/2 stick butter in chunks and continue to shake the pan. Before the butter chunks are completely melted, add the parsely, then the remaining 2 tablespoons stock; continue cooking and shaking the pan until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly and butter sauce is the consistency of cream.

Serve immediately. I like it best over pasta, but its also good over rice or french bread.

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan