I'm a Harvard Alum Now, No Big Deal

28 January 2020


I took my first solo trip after babies last month to Boston. HELLO anxiety! The trip started off with snow and flight delays and all I could think was WHY AM I DOING THIS?! Luckily, it ended up being OK and I had a good week with some of my favorite delta leaders. 

A few years ago I completed the Delta Leadership Institute through the Delta Regional Authority. I actually got pregnant a month into the program and missed graduation because.... Kate. But I met lots of really great people and formed life long friendships. 


So every other year, the programs sends DLI graduates to the Authentic Leadership Course through the Harvard Kennedy School. The first time they did this, Kate was 2 months old. So I figured I would catch it in 2019. Well then Emily was about 6 months old. They say it gets easier with the second, so I applied. It got real when I was accepted. I decided about a million times that I was going to decline. But I did it. And it was good. But goodness did I miss my babies. 

Like I mentioned, it snowed before I arrived, snowed as I arrived and snowed as I left. There was lots of snow. But it made it so pretty! And cold. 

We were busy almost the entire tome we were in Boston. But we had one evening off and we signed up for a local pub crawl. But it wasn't just any pub crawl, it included history from a local guide. It was pretty cool. And we visited some neat places. 








Our last day in Boston, we walked the Harvard campus and it was so pretty! Especially in the snow.  I took the picture below on our walk to the Harvard Library. We tried to get in but failed. 




Harvard Yard 


The last night we had a Q&A with David Gergen. He actually spent an hour with us and then ran off for his nightly appearance on CNN. It was pretty cool. 

I snapped the picture below when I woke up on our last morning. It was seriously so pretty. It started to snow on our way to the airport which made me nervous. Turns out we were delayed because of snow and I had 9 minutes to catch my connecting flight in ATL. I'll spare you the long story but I made it. And in the process was confident I was suffering from a heart attack. Turns out... I'm just out of shape :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan