My favorite- homemade pumpkin bread

10 September 2017



I've always loved pumpkin bread. I don't just want it in the fall, I want it all the time. My mom always made it homemade for me but as I've moved out on my own, I skimp and use the boxed mix most of the time. Eeek! I even bought this perfect bread pan about 3 years ago to make this bread in. Sad to admit, this is the first time I've actually used it. 


Last weekend I felt horrible. Brian was out playing basketball and I just wanted something good. My appetite hasn't been very great over the past couple weeks. Nothing sounds good. But something happened, maybe the dip in temperature?? I wanted pumpkin bread! 

By some miracle I had all of the ingredients. And next thing I know, I've pulled myself out of bed and I'm making my moms pumpkin bread. It was so good. As I'm typing I'm thinking about calling Brian and asking him to pick up another can of pumpkin while he's out..... so. good.

Do yourself a favor, make some. It's makes a lot. So if you need someone to share it with, I'm here for you. 

Pumpkin and Spice Tea Bread
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can pumpkin
3 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 teaspoon salt
10 x confectioners sugar (we sometimes skip this step)

Blend sugar and oil well with electric mixer. Beat in eggs, one at a time and continue beating until light. Add pumpkin; blend. 

Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt into creamed mixture. Beat at a low speed until blended. 

Pour batter into 4 greased 6 x 3 1/2 x 2" loaf pans or 2 greased 9 x 5 x 2 3/4" loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour until lightly browned. When done, leave in pans for 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar. 

AND ENJOY!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan