Spicy Tomato Skillet Eggs

20 March 2018



I've shared many times on this blog our love for brunch. This dish has been in our not-so-often rotation since I got Chrissy Teigen's "Cravings" cookbook a few years back. For some reason, all I could think about last week was this dish. So I made it Saturday morning and it was better than it's ever been!



It's a different type of breakfast to me and maybe that's why I like it so much. Maybe it's the heat that's packed in there but so unexpected. No idea but it was delish. I'll share the recipe below and the tweaks I've made. Try it and enjoy!

Ingredients
1L Perfect Tomato Sauce (Chrissy makes her own. I use canned tomato sauce. And I only use 2 8oz cans, this recipe calls for too much for us)
1 tsp red pepper flakes, or more to taste
6 eggs - I use 4
flaked salt
8 thin slices of prosciutto
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
Buttered toast, for dipping

Instructions
In a heavy 12-inch pan, combine the tomato sauce and red pepper flakes and cook over medium-high heat until the sauce is bubbling. Form 6 wells in the sauce and crack an egg into each well. Reduce the heat to medium, season the eggs with salt, and cook until the whites are set but the yolks are runny, 8 to 9 minutes.

Midway through the cooking, tear the prosciutto and form it into little bundles, then tuck them into the sauce all around the pan.

Drizzle everything with the olive oil, garnish with the oregano, and serve with toast.

Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan