Another Skinnytaste Recipe... Another Homerun!

07 June 2016

I don't really care for looking, touching, really anything related to raw meat. But the mouth watering that this picture brings back. O.M.G. This was sooo good! I got it from the Skinny Taste Cookbook. Seriously, if you don't follow her blog, snapchat, instagram and buy her cookbook.. you are missing out on life. I love everything she does! 

So I went to the store to buy the lamb. I think the recipe called for like 1 pound, maybe 1.5. All they had was 3.8 pounds. So I bought it and thought about how wasteful we would be. I ended up doubling the recipe, boy did we have a lot of lamb skewers! We had leftovers for a few days but it was so good... we didn't care! The dipping sauce was amazing. This is so easy!  


I also made the Quinoa Tabbouleh from the Skinny Taste cookbook. I loved it! Brian didn't because he is unamerican and hates cucumbers. We also did a medley of veggies on skewers which were delicious as well. The best part? 1 skewer is 3 WW smart points AND one serving of the quinoa is also 3 smart points! 6 point dinner... means I can have a glass of wine! 


Please forgive the screen grabs from my snapchat.. I always forget to take pictures. Don't let the quality of the pictures keep you from trying this. It's so good my friend Jennifer (what up I have a follower) requested that I blog this. And gave me a nice little pep talk to blog since I've been MIA for a quick second. So this is for you Jenn-- and I think it's dairy free! WHAT! 

Grilled Lamb Skewers with Harissa Dipping Sauce
Lamb:
1.5 lbs trimmed boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 T olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 T finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 1/4 t ground cumin
1.2 t sweet paprika
3/4 t kosher salt
12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
1 medium red onion, quartered

Harissa:
1 T olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 (12 ounce) jar roasted peppers in water, drained
1 t fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 t kosher salt
1 t crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 t ground coriander
1/2 t ground cumin
1/2 t sweet paprika

For the lamb:
Place the lamb in a bowl and rub it with the olive oil, garlic, and cilantro. In a small bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, and salt and rub the mixture on the lamb. Marinate for 3 to 4 hours. Thread the lamb onto the skewers, 3 to 4 per skewer, with onion slices in between. (We also added green and red bell peppers)

For the harissa: 
In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the garlic to a blender and add the roasted red peppers, lemon juice, salt, pepper flakes, coriander, cumin, and paprika. Blend until smooth. 

Preheat a grill to high (or preheat a grill pan over high heat). 

Grill the skewers 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with harissa on the side. 
 Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan