Skinny Taste Crockpot Soup, YUM

29 January 2016

*Disclaimer: I DID NOT take this picture. You could probably already tell since the quality of my pictures are not nearly this great. However, I loved this recipe SO much that I have to blog about it even though I devoured my soup before taking a picture. So here you go, a picture to go with a recipe that I did not take, nor create. From scratch.*

Hello! I cooked this fabulous soup for dinner the other night and it was SO good. Very full of flavor, light and weight watchers approved. I took the original recipe from Skinny Taste, my favorite. But I ended up doing some changes, I'll note those in italics below. Main change was that I used ground turkey and not beef. 

Beef Turkey, Tomato and Acini di Pepe Soup (Instant Pot, Slow Cooker + Stove Top)

Servings: 6 • Size: 1 generous cup • Points +: 6 • Smart Points: 5
Calories: 249 • Fat: 8 g • Carb: 23 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 21 g 
Sugar: 4 g • Sodium: 593 mg • Cholesterol: 49 mg

Ingredients: 

1 lb 90% lean ground beef/1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
1- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrot
28 oz can diced tomatoes/2- 14.5 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
32 oz beef stock/32 oz vegetable stock
2 bay leaves
4 oz small pasta such as Acini di pepei
grated parmesan cheese, optional

 In a large nonstick skillet, saute the beef and salt on high heat until browned, breaking the meat up into small bits. Add the onion, celery and carrots and saute 3 to 4 minutes. 

Transfer to the slow cooker along with the tomatoes, stock and bay leaf, cover and cook low 8 hours.

 Just before it's ready cook the pasta on the stove according to package directions. Add the pasta, stir and cook according to package directions.  

So good, cook it!! I'm sure the turkey/beef change would do something to the point value but I'm honestly just too lazy to calculate it for you ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan