food, food, food...

11 October 2012

Tuesday night we had some of the best quesadillas I think I've ever eaten. I found the recipe on pinterest but I omitted the beans. They were delicious, Brian says they might be his new favorite thing I've ever made. Mission accomplished!! They were really very simple. (Please forgive me, I am not a good photographer)


I also have another recipe to share. Remember about a month ago I shared the crock pot oatmeal recipe I tried? Well Sunday I woke up to realize I was out of instant oatmeal.. but I really wanted some. I got to thinking.. surely I could make my own. So I adapted my own recipe after the apple slow cooker one.

I had some steel cut oats so I used those, some apple juice, water, cinnamon and brown sugar... it was soo good! I only made it for once person so you could adjust the recipe accordingly.
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup apple juice
1 cup water
sprinkle of cinnamon
sprinkle of brown sugar
(obviously i didn't measure the cinnamon and brown sugar, just add to your liking)
cook on high for a few short minutes and you have a quick, delicious breakfast! I actually like this just as much as my everyday maple and brown sugar oatmeal :)

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week. I'm off to a Brad Paisley, Scotty McCreery and Band Perry concert tomorrow.. woooo hooo!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan