to die for Salmon.

12 July 2016

One weekend I was cleaning out the kitchen and found our cedar planks... that I bought like 3 years ago to grill Salmon with. So I immediately went and bought Salmon, I committed! 

Last time we had Salmon we did this tin foil pack recipe I found on Pinterest, you cover the fish with a basil pesto, top with cherry tomatoes on a bed of green beans and stick in the oven. It was so good! So we used that and changed it up a bit. 
We did a grill basket of veggies-- I basically just added everything I had in the fridge. Carrots, red bell pepper, green bell, green beans and cheery tomatoes. Topped them with a little EVOO, salt and pepper. 

For the fish, I made my skinny basil pesto- basil, a little parm cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and a little EVOO. I also stole this from my favorite, Skinny Taste!  I know it looks super thick in the picture but it really wasn't. The flavor we got from the finished product, was amazing! 

Unfortunately, I  didn't soak the planks long enough so the fish caught on fire giving it the char below. And we ruined the planks! I've already had to go buy new ones. We loved this so much, we made it like a couple weeks later. Anyway, don't let the dark char fool you. This was SO good. 


We actually paired this with a red blend from Bright Cellars. We LOVE this wine. We actually bought some extra from them once we tried it. And we had a nice little dinner on the patio. This definitely had to be in like May. It's way too hot out for this now :) 

And just a quick plug for Bright Cellars, we love it!! It's a monthly wine subscription created by 2 MIT grads that takes things you like (from a quiz) and matches you with wines you'll love. We initially tried it because you get half off your first month. But we loved what they were sending. We've tried wines we never purchased in the store before. We got hooked on Malbec from one of our first boxes about a year ago. The next box hooked us on Red Zinfandel. Brian hates Riesling and they even sold him on a delicious but not too sweet bottle last month. We have a Rose now that I can't wait to try! 

Long story short, TRY IT. You get the first month for only $30 bucks and can cancel after that. But use my link, I'll get a free bottle! Then send it to your friends and you can get one too :) 

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan