The sweetest room, ever.

11 September 2017

When we started talking about having a baby, I think I had more thoughts about the nursery than anything else. I have a secret board on pinterest that I had been saving ideas for --I can't believe I'm admitting this-- years! 

So when we found out on January 6th that we were expecting (first I was shocked and excited) and secondly, I started browsing pinterest again. 
The MONTHS we had to wait to find out the gender were painful! I wanted to know, I wanted to plan, we had to pick the name!! MY OH MY how much has changed. Here we are-- 2 days from her due date with no name. BUT we have a room :) 

I knew if it was a girl that I wanted floral wallpaper. I had so. many. floral wallpapers picked out. Then we found it ITS A GIRL and I immediately decided that floral wallpaper was just too big of an undertaking. And I started thinking about gender neutral walls and WHO would hang this paper and all of the sudden... it was gone. 

So I moved on to pale pink walls, my favorite color I've found, Intimate White from Sherwin Williams. And then popped up that whole gender neutral idea again. Currently the walls are a very pale blue that, in the sunlight, almost look white. It's still very neutral so I figured... why not leave it?! I know, this is so not me! 

So all the ideas I had went out the window, fast. A few things I knew-- I wanted a white Jenny Lind crib, a soft neutral rug and I had to sneak my "Intimate White" pink in there, so I wanted a pale pink dresser. 

And that's where I started. I ordered the CRIB and my super awesome friend Jennifer came over and helped me paint the dresser. I think she knew I would never get it done if she didn't kindly nudge me to do it... AKA come over and help to MAKE sure I did it! 

I searched high and low for the perfect rug. I think I've spent 75% of my life browsing websites for area rugs. There are so many! I do a lot of browsing home bloggers on instagram. One day I found the perfect room with the perfect rug, problem is... usually the perfect room details are out of my price range. But this one wasn't! I was shocked and immediately ordered :) I found it on AllModern and Wayfair, I ended up ordering from Wayfair since I found a 10% off coupon


After the big 3-- it just kind of all fell into place. I took Brian to Babies R Us and Pickles and Ice Cream one day to try out gliders. We had a hard time picking one since he's so tall but finally landed on the Babyletto rocker, glider and recliner and we love it! It even has a fancy charging port for your cell phone.



I really love this garland!! 


This bedroom had a daybed in it, the only room in our house that we haven't finished completely, and we originally thought the daybed would go good in a nursery. (I found this daybed at Walmart and we love it! The quality is way better than I expected and the price was awesome!) Then we decided to move it out since it would be too cluttered THEN we ended up leaving it. It's tighter than we would like but it works and I think the daybed will come in handy in the near future. 

The indecisiveness that has come with this pregnancy has been crazy!! I've never had this much trouble making up my mind or sticking to something! 

Artwork from Hobby Lobby |  Shiloh Baby Crib Mobile |  Crib Skirt, Quilt, Pillow and Sheets from Restoration Hardware |  Rug from Wayfair |  Curtains from Homegoods  |  Crib from Amazon

I wasn't going to get a crib mobile but my sister insisted. She sent me all sorts of articles about how babies need them for stimulation, etc. And then she sent me a million options to choose from. Everything I picked out was very neutral. This one was cute but had some color so I went with it. I really like it, it's got lots of great songs! 


My mom and I always said this prayer together when I was a child, I knew I wanted it somewhere in my daughters nursery. 


You've got to have a semi-cute closet, right?! I used these 2x3 cube shelves that I already had from Target. All of the baskets are Pillowfort from Target


I really do love her closet! It's so much better than just looking at a blah normal closet ;) 

And finally, the very last thing-- her handmade shelves made by one of her grandpas. Because we have no idea what his name is going to be, I'll use the standard. I really wanted to display some books-- one because of Brian's love for books and two- because I thought it would be cute and add some color. My dad made these shelves for us and came up this past weekend to hang them. Love them!! 


So now all we're missing is our little lady. We're just a couple days from her due date and I'm so anxious to meet her! We're ready for you, come on!! XOXO 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan