spaghetti + meatballs, roasted edition

30 July 2015

I made the most amazing tomato sauce last week-- with, you guessed it, some of my Bradley County tomatoes. I decided to throw in meatballs with this dish and they were SO GOOD. 


Started with a long, slow roast of tomatoes. I think I roasted 20? Quartered and tossed them in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Added a dash of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, slivers of basil, parsley, oregano, a couple sprigs of rosemary. (Did I add I grew all of the above?!) Roasted these on 425 for 2.5 hours. 

Once they were finished roasting, I let them cool then added to the food processor and you guessed it, processed. You can add a little water to get it to the right consistency, it's all up to you. 


I made two batches. These will freeze so you can save for later. 

Monday night I decided it was finally spaghetti night, so I took out my ground turkey to make meatballs. I added some Italian breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, a little garlic powder, and a medley of fresh herbs-- oregano, basil and parsley. Cooked the meatballs and combined--- finished product is the top picture.

It was so good! So much flavor. Brian kept saying how light yet flavorful it was. Definitely can't wait to use my second batch of sauce. SO, so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan