homemade roasted salsa

29 July 2015

Feast your eyes on this amazingness which is.... roasted tomato salsa, made by yours truly. I think I mentioned, a few times, the massive amount of tomatoes we got last week. I roasted up a tray and made salsa as my second stab of domestic salsa bliss. 

I quartered the tomatoes, drizzled them with oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Lined my cooking sheet with foil, dumped the tomatoes and let them roast.. for like two hours. I think I roasted them on 400.. now I can't quite remember. I ended up making two batches but I based each batch off of 6-8 tomatoes. It works really with however many. You can't mess this up. 

Chop your yellow onion, cilantro, serrano and add about 2 TBSP of onion and cilanto to the food processor.. I just adjust to however I'm feeling.. ONE medium serrano pepper and 1/2 tsp salt. (sometimes I take the seeds out of one side, just depends) OH, and the juice of one lime. Process that then add the tomatoes and process again. AND voila! There you have it, amazing, delicious, fresh salsa. You can thank me later. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan