I'm in a New York State of Mind...

13 April 2015

It's our last day in New York and my very last post. I am so sad it's ending! Even though it ended like two weeks ago :( 

We started our last morning by sleeping in a little bit. We grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then set off for a cute little bookstore on the Upper East Side. I thought I wanted to grab a frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity but I wasn't feeling that great and I was FREEZING so anything frozen wasn't really high on my to do list. I think we left the bookstore and went to the Empire State Building. If there was something in between those two, I've already forgotten.

It was actually pretty easy getting in the Empire State Building and getting to the top, I'm guessing all the Spring Breakers had gone home at this point. I will never forget how cold and windy it was at the top! You can probably tell by the first picture I posted. Brrrrrr! 


These pictures are a bit repetitive but I don't care, they are awesome! 


Just the Johnston's and the city! 




I loved the ESB.. I don't care how tourist-y it is.. it was awesome to see the city from above! We left and figured it was time to head back to the hotel to get ready for our flight. We talked all week about stopping by this place near our hotel to check it out, Eataly. It's a large market but also has all sorts of places to eat inside. We popped in and found a pizza place near the back, with open tables! Shocking! They had some awesome places to eat-- not many seats, but everything looked amazing! 

It was so neat! I wish we had more time to spend here! I wish I could buy all these food and the airline would let me take it on-board! We ordered the Salumi Misti, an assortment of artisanal salumi for an appetizer and it was so good! SO, so good. Fresh baked bread and olive oil... delicious! We followed up with the Capricciosa Pizza-- Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Prosciutto Cotto, Mushrooms,
Artichokes and Olives. As seen below -->

Again, SO so good. I had to take a picture. And now I want to learn how to make homemade pizza this good for us at least once a week! After lunch, we took a stroll through the market, so many cool things. Brian grabbed some coffee and I resisted the urge to get a huge cup of gelato. Instead I opted for this guy.... 

My parents brought back all sorts of these for us when they went to Italy a few years ago. I think they buy them every time they spot Baci.. my dad loves it! So I got one of these, took a picture, sent it to my mom and made her jealous :) You know, just saying "I love you, the Italian Way!" 

We sadly walked back to our hotel, stopping to look around at the city just one last time. We jumped in our van and left for the airport. We picked up one other couple so we got to drive through the heart of the city one last time. Then all the fun was over as we arrived to LGA. What an UGLY airport. We got there way too early but found some things to pass the time... and then it was home to Little Rock. We stepped outside at LIT and I remember throwing my hands in the air and taking a spin... it was so warm! I had the most amazing time but it was so nice to finally feel my toes! 

What a perfect, wonderful trip. I am so glad we went and I can't wait to go back. Next time I'll have more interest in food and shows. I'll skip some tourist attractions and maybe do a little more shopping. I love NYC! Thank you beautiful city for a fabulous week!!! 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan