525,600 minutes....

31 December 2012


I need to admit, I have never seen the movie Rent.... BUT I do absolutely LOVE this song.  I used to be addicted to it... sing every word, in every different voice. I (one person) could sing the song made for many to sing.... and today it seems fitting. 
525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnight's, in cups of coffee? In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?
How about love?  Measure in love. Seasons of love.

Gracious that is a good song. Maybe I'll include the YouTube video for those of you who have never had the pleasure of experiencing it :) 

I took a little stroll down memory lane this morning and there's been so many great things that have happened this year. So many that I don't want to even try to name them but there were some highlights. 

My move to Little Rock was pretty close to the top. ONE mile away from the person I adore so much, I can't explain how fabulous this has been. And my job... it's been so great. I can for sure say this now that I'm finishing up a grants cycle.. the rewarding feeling is amazing! 

Hayden's birth. Amazing. Beautiful. WOW. I'll never forget how excited I was when Whitney said she was going to have Hayden that day. I was in Old Washington and I had a feeling that morning, I even packed a bag... just in case! I've never made it to Conway so fast in my life. We sat there and talked to Whitney up until the time she went in to labor... came back and there was Hayden. I understand it now, this miracle of life and birth and the feeling of love and amazement you get. I will forever love that child... I mean, my purse was in the room while she was born :) 

Weddings, engagements, love. This year I served as the Maid of Honor for the 2nd time in my life. To be thought of so highly by your friends is a wonderful feeling. That goes for being a bridesmaid... however, 2013 is going to be a big one! Already I know of 5 weddings, two of which I'll be standing by best friends as they say "I Do." Bridesmaid count: 7 (and I count you Whitney!!!) 

Living in El Dorado. I know, can you imagine me naming this one?! But it meant spending a lot of time with family, watching Clark grow up and developing a relationship with him and having my mom as my very best friend. I COULD NOT imagine what I would do without her.. and if you know me... you know that statement is so very true. 

Two beach trips in one May. Could anything be more fabulous than a trip to the Bahamas AND a trip to Destin? NO. 

Blogging and Crafting. I've really started doing both more this year and both give me a weird, nerdy sense of enjoyment and pleasure. 

I met Bill Clinton. AND worked for a United States Senator.... I've never really spoke about Senator Boozman on my blog since it's really more for my personal life, but he really is one of the most kind, good hearted people out there. Say what you want to about Congress and DC but there really ARE good people in Washington and he is one of them. It has been my pleasure working for Dr. Senator Boozman and really getting to know him and I hope our paths cross again someday. 

New friendships and building stronger relationships. And I think that's self explanatory.

It's been a great year and I know the next is something to look forward to. I don't know that I've ever felt this great at the close of a year.. it feels good. 


....the love is a gift from up above.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan